Mr. Goldberg is the partner in charge of litigation at Stern & Goldberg. His practice concentrates on matters relating to business and civil litigation. Mr. Goldberg earned a J.D., cum laude, from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1983. While a law student at Pepperdine, he was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Remedies.
A Certified Specialist in Taxation Law with the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Goldberg earned a L.L.M. in Taxation in 1984 from the University of Florida School of Law. He also received a B.S. in Accounting from Arizona State University in 1980. His tax and accounting background has proven to be a valuable asset in his core practice areas of business and civil litigation.
Mr. Goldberg was admitted to the state bar of California in 1983. In the following year he was admitted to U.S. District Court, Central District of California, and U.S. Tax Court. In 1985, he was admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Litigation 60%
- Probate and Tax Litigation 15%
- Real Estate and Construction Law 15%
- Non-Litigation Business Matters 10%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Taxation Law, California Board of Legal Specialization, 1991
- California, 1983
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. Tax Court, 1985
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award in Remedies.
- Arizona State University, Phoenix, Arizona
- B.S. - 1980
- Major: Accounting
Honors and Awards
- Rated A.V. Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, 1991 and forward
- Super Lawyer Southern California Super Lawyers List (many)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1991 to 2017