Planning For The Future
At Stern & Goldberg Attorneys at Law, we assist our clients in making end-of-life arrangements for their estates. This subject isn’t often pleasant to think about, but over the years we have found that a relatively small amount of planning today can save weeks or months of legal headaches for one’s family after they are gone.
Estate Planning And Probate Services For Families And Businesses
We help our clients with a wide range of estate planning and probate services, including:
- Estate planning: We assist our clients in assigning heirs for their homes, businesses and other assets.
- Will preparation: We help draw up or modify wills to specify who should receive which assets.
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts: We assist in both their formation and administration.
- Probate administration: When a will is not available, we help our clients navigate the probate administration process to ensure that they lay proper legal claim to the assets to which they’re entitled.
- Conservatorships and guardianships: Assigning a conservator or guardian can make it easier to make important decisions when an estate owner’s mental or physical health does not allow him to make those decisions.
- Will contests and trust disputes: A will can be improperly written or executed; we assist our clients in ensuring they receive the assets to which they are entitled.
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns: Estate and gift taxes can greatly diminish the value of an inherited asset; we ensure that our clients pay the proper amount and nothing more.
Experienced Legal Support From Lawyers You Can Trust
Ellis Stern and Alan N. Goldberg founded Stern & Goldberg Attorneys at Law in 1991, replacing a predecessor firm with roots dating back to the 1950s.